MILILANI, Hawaii (KHON2) — A mother and her teenage daughters got quite the scare Sunday morning when a car crashed into their home.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
The incident happened around 10 a.m. on Lelewalo Street at Kipapa Drive in Mililani.
Alyssa Aguilar said that she and her sister were upstairs when she heard a loud bang and their mother scream. When Alyssa went downstairs, she didn’t hear anything. But when she went back upstairs, she saw a mess in their front yard.
“So I went downstairs again, and I looked in the other room and I saw like, a car is in the house,” Alyssa Aguilar recalled. “There was somebody in the car but he didn’t seem injured. So I checked on my mom.”
“I was upstairs, same thing, and I didn’t hear it at first. But I heard my mom screaming,” Celina Aguilar added. “So I went downstairs and she was all shaking. So I went to call a neighbor.”
The girls said that their mom was downstairs when the car crashed through their dining room.
Fortunately, no one was injured. The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case