HONOLULU (KHON2) — Smoke from California wildfires continues to move through the Hawaiian Islands, according to National Weather Service of Honolulu.
California has had more than 13,000 lightning strikes since mid-August and more than 600 wildfires statewide have burned more than 1.2 million acres, said Daniel Berlant, assistant deputy director with California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, known as Cal Fire.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Strong winds and high surf on tap for the weekend
- Big Island Mayor Mitch Roth ‘feeling thankful and blessed’ as he recovers at home
- Concerns about the COVID vaccine? Pfizer doctor hopes to ease your fears
- CrimeStoppers: Farrington unauthorized entry, University vehicle break-in, Ke’eaumoku forgery
- Round 2 of PPP loans available for struggling applicants