HONOLULU (KHON2) — Smoke from California wildfires continues to move through the Hawaiian Islands, according to National Weather Service of Honolulu.
California has had more than 13,000 lightning strikes since mid-August and more than 600 wildfires statewide have burned more than 1.2 million acres, said Daniel Berlant, assistant deputy director with California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, known as Cal Fire.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Beach ‘Bows split earn split against pair of Pac-12 foes to end regular season schedule
- Honolulu police search for gunman wanted on suspicion of attempted murder
- Kabuki says ‘Arigato Gozaimasu’ after 35 years in business
- After the COVID vaccine: Will you need a booster shot?
- NASA’s Mars helicopter is set to take history-making flight Monday. Here’s how to watch it