HONOLULU (KHON2) — Board of Water Supply crews are continuing their efforts to repair a 12-inch main break on Ainapo Street between Kulani Street and Kauna Street.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Crews have created a bypass to restore service to most of the affected homes in Hahaione Valley, customers may notice lower than normal water pressure.
Approximately 18 homes will remain without water during the duration of the water main repairs. A water wagon is available at 761 Ainapo Street.
Customers who have regained water service are asked to please kokua by using water for essential needs only such as cooking, cleaning, and sanitary needs only.
A fire pumper remains at 699 Hahaione Street to help pump water into the reservoir serving the community. Area residents are advised the fire pumper will be making noise while in operation to refill the reservoir.
Area motorists are asked to please avoid Ainapo Street between Kulani Street and Kauna Street if possible and to expect delays.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social media reacts to Max Holloway’s unanimous decision victory over Calvin Kattar at UFC on ABC 1
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration
- Watch: Two officers push unconscious teen driver to safety in ‘miracle’ rescue
- Coronavirus: 165 new COVID-19 cases; two new deaths reported on Jan.16
- Waianae’s Max Holloway dominant in victory over Calvin Kattar at UFC on ABC 1