KAHULUI, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Brown Water Advisory has been issued for West Maui.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Heavy rain has resulted in stormwater runoff entering into coastal waters. The public is advised to stay out of flood waters and storm water runoff due to possible overflowing cesspools, sewer, manholes, pesticides, animal fecal matter, dead animals, pathogens, chemicals, and associated flood debris. Not all coastal areas may be impacted by runoff, however, if the water is brown, stay out.
Continue to practice good personal hygiene and follow-up with your primary care physician if you have any health concerns.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- July 29: Hawaii dodges another tsunami threat following 8.2 earthquake off Alaska
- ‘Somebody wake me up’: Proud dad reacts to Clearwater’s Bobby Finke winning gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Biden hits road to sell infrastructure package as Congress moves to push plan forward
- Can you get a 3rd COVID-19 vaccine shot?
- ‘This would not have happened’: Biles withdrawal draws comparisons to Strug gymnastics era