KAHULUI, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Brown Water Advisory has been issued for West Maui.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Heavy rain has resulted in stormwater runoff entering into coastal waters. The public is advised to stay out of flood waters and storm water runoff due to possible overflowing cesspools, sewer, manholes, pesticides, animal fecal matter, dead animals, pathogens, chemicals, and associated flood debris. Not all coastal areas may be impacted by runoff, however, if the water is brown, stay out.
Continue to practice good personal hygiene and follow-up with your primary care physician if you have any health concerns.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Large surf and sunshine for the islands through Thursday
- Holiday shipping deadlines are here, send your gifts on time
- UK authorizes Pfizer vaccine for emergency use
- Lifeguards to have extended hours in new “Dawn to Dusk” program launching in July
- Farrington High students design christmas ornaments for Hawaii tree in nation’s capitol