KIHEI, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Brown Water Advisory has been issued for the Island of Maui.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Heavy Rain has resulted in stormwater runoff entering into coastal waters. The public is advised to stay out of flood waters and storm water runoff due to possible overflowing cesspools, sewer, manholes, pesticides, animal fecal matter, dead animals, pathogens, chemicals and associated flood debris. Not all coastal areas may be impacted by runoff, however, if the water is brown stay out. Continue to practice good personal hygiene and follow-up with your primary care physician if you have any health concerns.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Women’s Community Correctional Center to add new housing
- 21 percent of seafood sold in Honolulu is mislabeled, researchers find
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- Service outage reported in Kapolei
- PHOTOS: Where did it come from? Mysterious monolith discovered in remote area of Utah