KIHEI, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Brown Water Advisory has been issued for the Island of Maui.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Heavy Rain has resulted in stormwater runoff entering into coastal waters. The public is advised to stay out of flood waters and storm water runoff due to possible overflowing cesspools, sewer, manholes, pesticides, animal fecal matter, dead animals, pathogens, chemicals and associated flood debris. Not all coastal areas may be impacted by runoff, however, if the water is brown stay out. Continue to practice good personal hygiene and follow-up with your primary care physician if you have any health concerns.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Police investigate fatal traffic collision on Queen Ka‘ahumanu Highway
- Remains ID’d of 2 Indiana brothers killed at Pearl Harbor
- State orders Pono Life Maui to shut down medical cannabis production, retail operations
- Dozens of tenants participating in upcoming job fair at International Market Place
- Hanabusa joins HART as volunteer board member