HALEIWA, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Brown Water Advisory has been issued at Haleiwa Beach Park on Oahu.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
Heavy Rain has resulted in stormwater runoff entering into coastal waters. The public is advised to stay out of flood waters and storm water runoff due to possible overflowing cesspools, sewer, manholes, pesticides, animal fecal matter, dead animals, pathogens, chemicals, and associated flood debris. Not all coastal areas may be impacted by runoff, however, if the water is brown stay out. Continue to practice good personal hygiene and follow-up with your primary care physician if you have any health concerns.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: ‘Go for broke’ forever stamps
- Newsfeed Now: First US COVID immunizations could arrive Dec. 12; 14-hour wait at new Colo. restaurant
- The Postal Service wants you to send your packages early this holiday season
- AstraZeneca says COVID-19 vaccine ‘highly effective’
- Trade winds to gradually weaken