HONOLULU (KHON2) –An Ocean Safety Lieutenant spotted a body in waters off Lanai Lookout Thursday morning, just after 8 a.m.
The Lieutenant climbed down the cliff to grab the body and the Fire Department airlifted the body to shore.
The body was identified as 65-years-old Phillip Young of Honolulu.a male believed to be in his 60s. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The scene was classified as an unattended death.
- Honolulu to add 17,000-18,000 ballots to overnight tally
- Emergency sirens in Poʻipū were a false alarm
- Kai Kahele and Joe Akana head to general election for U.S. House District II seat
- 2 more inmates at OCCC test positive for COVID-19
- TheBus operator tests positive for COVID-19