HONOLULU (KHON2) — After weeks, the search for Robert ‘Bob’ Walker has ended after his body was found on Sunday, June 14.
Family confirmed his identity.
They say that his body was found Sunday afternoon. The team from Redpoint Resolutions found him in a steep cliff area within the Pupukea-Paumali reserve.
“Unfortunately, he did not make it; he likely passed away quickly after a fall,” the Walker Family said in a statement. “Thank you for your continued thoughts, prayers, and respect during this difficult time.”
The 74-year-old man was last seen at his Makana Road residence in Haleiwa on May 13 around 3:30 p.m. He was not familiar with the area as he had just recently moved from Mililani.
Police revealed that Walker suffered from dementia.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Board of Water Supply confirms second employee tested positive for COVID-19
- Military installations begin health condition Charlie
- Tua Tagovailoa takes field as Miami Dolphins begin conditioning
- Library launches digital collection for 75th Anniversary of the end of World War II
- Hawaii’s Jordan Yamamoto will join Miami’s 30-man roster on Tuesday when Marlins return from COVID-19 outbreak