HONOLULU (KHON2) — A body has been discovered in the Wainakua area.
Big Island police have opened an investigation and are looking into the death. They say that the body was found on February 14, around 8:50 p.m.
According to the Hawaii Police Department, they are withholding the name of the deceased pending the notification of the next of kin.
Police also want to add that the discovery is not related to the investigation into the disappearance of an Oregon woman named Megan Funderburk. Officials say that they are still searching for her.
Stay tuned with KHON2 when more information is made available.
- Light and variable winds for the islands through this weekend
- Lifeguards, scientist, make a plea for ocean safety amid COVID-19
- CrimeStoppers: Waikiki hotel burglary, Ala Moana forgery
- State expanding on those who can receive COVID-19 testing
- Former Hawaii center Dawson Carper announces transfer to Missouri State