LIHUE, Hawaii (KHON2) – The DLNR Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation has closed the boat ramp loading dock at Kukui`ula Small Boat Harbor on Kauai, pending repairs.
The support beams for the structure became unstable due to delamination. As a result, the pier is sagging.
The replacement project is expected to start in mid-October and be completed by mid-November.
The facility’s launch ramp remains open, but will close temporarily when construction begins.
Construction will involve the demolition of the old boat ramp loading dock and installation of the replacement.
Latest stories on KHON2
- LIVE: National security officials testify on Jan. 6 Capitol attack
- White House officials give COVID-19 update after Biden lays out new vaccine timeline
- Late night crash on Moanalua Freeway leaves 1 dead and 2 hospitalized
- Japan to decide on overseas fans attendance at Tokyo Olympics by end of month
- Trade winds easing in the coming days