MAKAHA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Honolulu Ocean Safety and the U.S. Coast Guard rescued eight people on Friday after their boat flipped over.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
It happened just before 11 a.m. in the waters off of the Makaha Surfside Apartments.
Emergency officials reported that Ocean Safety was driving by when they noticed the group sitting on the front of the boat. They were trying to bail water out. The boat then flipped over and tossed everyone on board into the water.
Responders were able to get them safely back to shore. There were no injuries reported.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Trade winds ease off to make way for light and variables
- Testing incoming travelers on Big Island may end this year if there’s no funding
- After several delays, Kealohas to be sentenced Monday
- Potential thunderstorms for east end of state
- Decision anticipated soon on Hawaii football’s game against San Jose State