HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Board of Water Supply is warning customers about scam calls that look like they’re coming from the agency.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
Scammers are spoofing the calls, which makes the caller ID show as the Board of Water Supply’s phone number.
But on the line is a robocaller, which is something the agency says it never uses.
The BWS says that it will also never ask you for personal information like your social security number or demand payments over the phone.
If you get a call like this, hang up.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Social Scene: Holiday shopping on Amazon
- Newsfeed Now: Who will get first COVID-19 vaccines; La. COVID patient receives help from across the country
- Trump threatens to veto defense bill unless it ends protections for social media companies
- Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree turns on, with virus restrictions
- Large surf and sunshine for the islands through Thursday