HONOLULU (KHON2) — A suspect is in custody after a stabbing incident that happened at a Kahala beach on Wednesday, July 8.
An 18-year-old male was arrested, according to a spokesperson from the Honolulu Police Department on Saturday, July 11. The suspect faces second-degree attempted murder charges.
Honolulu Emergency Medical Services received a report about the incident Wednesday afternoon, around 1:45 p.m. in the area of 4663 Kahala Avenue on the beach. The victim is a 17-year-old girl.
Paramedics treated the teenager, who suffered a serious laceration across her upper body and lacerations to her hands. She was transported to a trauma center in serious condition, said EMS.
The victim’s brother did not want to go on camera, but told KHON2 that his sister was stabbed multiple times in the neck.
Police said the witnesses described the suspect to have brown curly hair. They also described him to be 6′ tall, roughly 200 pounds and was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans.
The man remains in police custody as officials continue to investigate the case.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Military installations begin health condition Charlie
- Tua Tagovailoa takes field as Miami Dolphins begin conditioning
- Library launches digital collection for 75th Anniversary of the end of World War II
- Hawaii’s Jordan Yamamoto will join Miami’s 30-man roster on Tuesday when Marlins return from COVID-19 outbreak
- U.S. Coast Guard in multi-agency effort rescue three boaters in Micronesia