HONOLULU (KHON2) — Big Island police are investigating a theft that happened in Hilo on February 1 around 9:15 p.m.
According to police, two unknown men entered a facility on Stainback Highway without permission and removed 18 Durian fruit and various other fruit from the property.
The total value of the fruit stolen was around $1,000.
Police are asking anyone with information about the incident, or on the identity of the two men, to call the department’s non-emergency line at 935-3311.
Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call the island-wide Crime Stoppers number at 961-8300 and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000.00.
- Japan to close schools nationwide to control spread of virus
- Social Scene: The Truth about Expensive Cars
- Sunshine and breezy conditions continue Thursday, with changes coming into the weekend
- Two men hospitalized following a head-on crash on Moanalua Freeway
- Stronger winds and heavy rain expected this weekend