HONOLULU (KHON2) — The deadline to submit an application for the free ‘OHINA Filmmakers Lab for 2021 is Aug. 20.
The top 10 applicants will learn from film industry professionals on Nov. 6 and Nov. 13 with supplemental sessions offered throughout the week. This is the first year it will be held virtually.
One applicant will get the ‘OHINA Greenlight Award plus the opportunity for funding and production support towards their script becoming a completed short film.
Past workshop leaders included the following:
- Rob Letterman (writer/director Pokémon Detective Pikachu)
- Brothers Aaron and Jordan Kandell (story by credits Moana)
- Eric Pearson (co-screenwriter Thor: Ragnarok)
- Dana Ledoux-Miller (TV writer Newsroom)
- Joe Robert Cole (co-screenwriter Black Panther)
To apply submit 15 pages max of your screenplay, a past example of a short film or script, your resume, and cover letter to www.Ohina.org
Winners will be notified Oct. 1.
‘OHINA Short Film Showcase started in 1999. The first ‘OHINA Filmmakers Lab was held in 2017. It’s been held each year except last year’s event was postponed due to the pandemic.