KAHULUI, Hawaii (KHON2) — An anonymous letter was sent to the Maui Police Department (MPD) Monday morning demanding the retirement of Maui Police Chief Tivoli Faaumu.
On the go? Listen to the team that’s Working for Hawaii on the KHON 2Go podcast. Every morning at 8 a.m.
A police investigation revealed that on Nov. 7, Faaumu was seen leaving the parking lot of a Kahului mall when he allegedly reversed his vehicle into a parked motorcycle and then drove away.
MPD adds that Faaumu later provided a statement reporting the accident. Damages to both vehicles are estimated to be less than $3,000.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Aloha Pali Lanes: Longtime regulars, community says goodbye to iconic Kailua bowling alley
- Police identify man killed in fatal officer-involved shooting in Hilo
- Light trade winds through Friday, mostly dry conditions remain
- Empowered: Transportation and Mobility
- Court documents say alleged shooter cut victim off on the road