HONOLULU (KHON2) — Some people started their Thanksgiving morning with a 5K race to help the homeless.
The 11th Annual Homeward Bound 5K Race was held in the Manoa area.
Funds raised goes to the Institute for Human Services.
This year about $25,000 was raised.
Organizers say about 500 people participated.
Two Punahou High School students organized the first race in 2008.
These days the school’s girls’ cross country team coordinates it.
- Big Island police schedule road closure in Hōnaunau to investigate traffic fatality
- Lawmakers worried removing troops from Afghanistan will create space for terror groups
- Kauai fire crews rescue Indiana visitor on hiking trail in Kōke‘e
- LSU confirms body found in Mississippi River is missing LSU Student
- Got paper? Ka Makana Ali’i wants to help you shred it