HONOLULU (KHON2) — From superheroes to anime and cartoon characters, you could find it all at the 2020 Amazing Comic Con Aloha at the Hawaii Convention Center.
Folks got to dive into these fantasy worlds. Some dressed up, and other bought merchandise.
They even had a chance to meet some of the creative minds behind the comics, as well as movie and TV stars.
“Number one draw appearances in pop culture. This year we did it with Star Wars, Billy Dee Williams. We had great nostalgic actors like Mark-Paul Gosselaar,” said organizer Jimmy Jay.
“It’s funny because we filmed the ‘Saved by the Bell’ movie in the nineties at some point. I don’t think I’ve been back to Oahu since then. I usually go back to the Big Island or Maui. But these cons are a way for us to meet fans and kind of talk about what they like about your career and what they didn’t like about your career. It’s an interesting way to get into contact with people that normally you don’t have,” said Gosselaar.
Gosselaar is expected to reprise his role as Zack Morris in a reboot of the early 90’s sitcom “Saved by the Bell.”
- Catch-up numbers: Hawaii reports 622 Coronavirus cases, 3 new deaths
- Federal eviction moratorium expiring July 31
- Nevada trooper dies after being hit by part-time Hawaii resident in freeway chase
- Sea turtle returns to ocean 3 years after being found abandoned in a hotel trash can
- Food2Go: Kunia Chinese Restaurant