HONOLULU (KHON2) — A vehicle fire at Aloha Tower marketplace is under investigation.
The state Department of Transportation Harbors Division says the fire started just after 10:30 a.m. Friday, October 18 at Pier 5.
No one was was injured.
Honolulu police say a witness saw the suspect pour liquid from a gasoline can onto the backseat.
The 31-year-old man then lit a lighter and threw it onto the backseat.
The suspect fled on foot but was found by patrol officers and identified by the witness.
The driver was arrested by police, and he was released pending investigation.
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Tampa mayor wants to fill Super Bowl seats with vaccinated health care workers
- Waianae’s Max Holloway makes weight ahead of Fight Island bout against Calvin Kattar
- Heavy rain could return to the islands starting late Sunday