HONOLULU (KHON2) — A vehicle fire at Aloha Tower marketplace is under investigation.
The state Department of Transportation Harbors Division says the fire started just after 10:30 a.m. Friday, October 18 at Pier 5.
No one was was injured.
Honolulu police say a witness saw the suspect pour liquid from a gasoline can onto the backseat.
The 31-year-old man then lit a lighter and threw it onto the backseat.
The suspect fled on foot but was found by patrol officers and identified by the witness.
The driver was arrested by police, and he was released pending investigation.
- Breonna Taylor signwaving held at State Capitol
- Laie’s Wayne Taulapapa scores two touchdowns in season-opening win for Virginia
- Yakiniku Don Day cited after violating city’s emergency order
- Coronavirus: Four deaths, 127 new COVID-19 cases on Sept. 26
- No. 13 UCF overcomes slow start as Mililani’s Dillon Gabriel tosses 4 touchdowns in 51-28 rout over East Carolina