HONOLULU (KHON2) — A vehicle fire at Aloha Tower marketplace is under investigation.
The state Department of Transportation Harbors Division says the fire started just after 10:30 a.m. Friday, October 18 at Pier 5.
No one was was injured.
Honolulu police say a witness saw the suspect pour liquid from a gasoline can onto the backseat.
The 31-year-old man then lit a lighter and threw it onto the backseat.
The suspect fled on foot but was found by patrol officers and identified by the witness.
The driver was arrested by police, and he was released pending investigation.
- Chiefs fan draws inspiration from Toy Story movies for new ‘Andy’ Reid tattoo
- 49ers CEO to bring entire organization — including interns — to Super Bowl
- StubHub sells more Super Bowl Tickets to Missouri, Kansas fans than California
- 49ers attend annual House of Prime Rib linemen’s dinner in San Francisco
- Trade winds return for the weekend, but gone again for the new week