JOINT BASE PEARL HARBOR HICKAM, Hawaii (KHON2) — The U.S. Air force has identified the airman who died on Tuesday, Dec. 29, as 31-year-old Capt. Anthony Polizzi, of New York.
According to the U.S. Air Force, Capt. Polizzi collapsed while hiking and was brought to Tripler Army Medical Center where he was pronounced dead upon arrival. The captain was assigned to the 15th Maintenance Group.
“We are deeply saddened by the loss of Capt. Anthony Polizzi,” said Col. Dan Dobbles, 15th Wing Commander. “Our biggest priority is taking care of his family and suporting his fellow Wingman. I appreciate the outpouring of support from our ohana.”
The cause of the incident is still being investigated.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- How will America care for more pregnant women?
- WWII Navy destroyer found, is deepest wreck ever discovered
- Brittney Griner appears in Russian court, has trial date set for July 1
- Megan Thee Stallion rips ‘stupid-a– men’ after Roe decision
- ‘Jackass’ star Bam Margera missing again from Florida rehab center