HONOLULU (KHON2) — A motor vehicle accident prompted the closure of Waialua Beach Road on Sunday, March 29, around 5:30 p.m.
This road closure was in both directions between Oliana Street and Haleiwa Road.
According to the Honolulu Police Department, a 65-year-old man was driving his motorcycle going west on Waialua Beach Road. For a reason unknown, he lost control and struck the pavement. Police say that he was not wearing a helmet.
He was then taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
Speed appears to be a factor. It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were factors.
- Light and variable winds returning to the islands by Sunday
- More hotels announce reopening plans as pre-travel testing program start nears
- Oahu reopens under tier 1 for at least a month
- For this kupuna restaurant owner, it’s a family affair
- Disney Aulani to start phased reopening on Nov. 1