HONOLULU (KHON2) — A motor vehicle accident prompted the closure of Waialua Beach Road on Sunday, March 29, around 5:30 p.m.
This road closure was in both directions between Oliana Street and Haleiwa Road.
According to the Honolulu Police Department, a 65-year-old man was driving his motorcycle going west on Waialua Beach Road. For a reason unknown, he lost control and struck the pavement. Police say that he was not wearing a helmet.
He was then taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
Speed appears to be a factor. It is unknown if alcohol or drugs were factors.
- Increasing showers and winds this work week
- Protests across the nation push Target to scale back store hours, close locations
- New Maui County directive expedites permits for business repairs, renovations impacted by COVID-19
- American Sign Language interpreters provide access to information during COVID-19
- Waikiki man arrested during a protest on Kalakaua Avenue