HONOLULU (KHON2) — Beaches were crowded and many enjoyed themselves on the 4th of July, but Ocean Safety responders remained busy throughout the day.
On the south shore of Oahu, 23 people were rescued. On the west shore, there were 12. On the north, there were five.
Ocean Safety officials said that on the east shore of Oahu, there were 52. Sandy Beach reportedly had the most rescues, but those numbers were not disclosed and were added to the final east shore number.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Rep. Sharon Har apologizes to House Chamber days after arrest
- Rainbow Wahine basketball use bye week to reset ahead final four regular season games, starting with Long Beach State
- Tom Vilsack confirmed as agriculture secretary again
- Apply for the 70th Cherry Blossom Festival
- GOP lawmakers: Schools can reopen with no additional funds from Congress