HONOLULU (KHON2) — Beaches were crowded and many enjoyed themselves on the 4th of July, but Ocean Safety responders remained busy throughout the day.
On the south shore of Oahu, 23 people were rescued. On the west shore, there were 12. On the north, there were five.
Ocean Safety officials said that on the east shore of Oahu, there were 52. Sandy Beach reportedly had the most rescues, but those numbers were not disclosed and were added to the final east shore number.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers
- Isolate, test, self-trace ways to crush COVID beyond the mask, hand washing and distancing