HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Honolulu Fire Department was sent to battle a building fire in Mapunapuna on Wednesday.

Firefighters said they arrived at an abandoned two-story commercial building on Kakoi Street at 4:24 p.m. Immediately, they saw flames coming from a second-floor window.

Check out more news from around Hawaii

After securing a water supply and initiating an aggressive fire attack, firefighters fully extinguished the fire by 4:48 p.m.

HFD’s fire investigators confirmed the fire was accidental and was sparked by an unattended candle on the second floor of the vacant, abandoned structure.

Get Hawaii’s latest morning news delivered to your inbox, sign up for News 2 You

Damage estimates are $722,000 to the building and $500 to the contents. There were no reports of injuries or fatalities.