AIEA, Hawaii (KHON2) — Police are investigating an assault case that stemmed from an incident that happened in Aiea on Friday, Oct. 16.
On the night of the assault, paramedics reported that they treated a 51-year-old man who was apparently stabbed in the torso. They then transported the victim to a nearby hospital in serious condition.
The Honolulu Police Department later reported that the suspect, 52, used a ‘dangerous instrument’ to injure the victim. But before police arrived, the suspect fled from the scene.
Officers, however, were able to locate the suspect the next day. They identified and arrested him for second-degree assault. Charges are pending.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- New storm looks approach west end by Monday evening
- Hawaii elections office begins processing ballots
- Mute button was a welcomed change in final presidential debate, political analyst says
- Local artists set off to beautify traffic boxes from Nanakuli to Makaha
- 42-year-old man arrested in connection to Waikiki robbery case