KALIHI, Hawaii (KHON2) — Five women were hospitalized in a car accident in Kalihi on Wednesday afternoon, July 15, around 4 p.m.
This happened on the Likelike Highway and Kula Kolea Drive. This is near Kalihi Elementary.
According to Honolulu Emergency Medical Services, a rear-end crash at an unknown speed led to a multiple vehicle chain reaction. Police revealed that the crash involved four cars. Two vehicles were towed.
Paramedics responded to the scene and treated five women. The five were transported to a trauma center in–all in serious condition.
Three of the women are 20-years-old, one woman is 38-years-old, and one woman is 21-years-old. EMS said that the 38-year-old patient was in one car, while the remaining four were in another.
Lane closures were not prompted.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breezy trades on tap for the islands this weekend
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers