HONOLULU (KHON2) — A 4.0 magnitude earthquake hit Hawaii Island on Saturday, June 20, around 3:39 p.m. according to the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center.
Preliminary data reveals that it happened in the area of the southwest rift zone of Kilauea Volcano.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center says that the earthquake was not large enough to cause a tsunami for the Big Island.
THE LATEST ON KHON2
- Matson worker tests positive for COVID-19
- Trump defends tweet about NASCAR’s Confederate flag ban, Bubba Wallace
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- Lawmakers question approval process of which companies receive PPP Loans
- Max Holloway to auction off fight kit following UFC 251 with all proceeds going to Hawaii Food Bank