WAHIAWA, Hawaii (KHON2) — One man is dead after a motor vehicle collision in Wahiawa on Saturday, Oct. 3.
The medical examiner identified the victim as 21-year-old Cortez Hill. He resided at Schofield Barracks.
The Honolulu Police Department reported that around 1 p.m. a 21-year-old man was driving a black BMW on Kamehameha Highway in the southbound direction. But for unknown reasons, police said that the car left the roadway on the east side of the highway.
The man, who was alone in the car, was pronounced dead at the scene.
HPD says that speed appears to be a factor in the crash. It’s unknown if drugs or alcohol were factors.
This is the 40th traffic fatality in 2020.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Sporadic heavy rain continues for the islands through late Thursday
- Relief program keeping Hawaii’s rental market together
- DOH confirms traveler tested positive for COVID-19 coming into Honolulu
- DLIR begins offering Federal-State Extended Benefits
- Tony Roma’s last Hawaii restaurant to close permanently on Oct. 28