HONOLULU (KHON2) — There was a sweet surprise for Hawaii wildlife workers.
The state’s first monk seal pup of the year was born earlier than expected on Oahu.
The pup’s exact birth date is unknown but NOAA took these pictures late last month.
For a while they didn’t know who the mom was but they figured out it was a monk seal named Pua who hasn’t been seen since 2014 when she was a pup.
- Clarence T.C. Ching Foundation gifts $1.5 million to University of Hawai’i-Manoa Athletics to help fund renovations for new on-campus Rainbow Warriors football venue
- Factory making J&J vaccine was dirty, improperly run, FDA inspection found
- Ending qualified immunity a sticking point for GOP on police reform
- 63rd MID-PACIFIC OPEN set to tee off on Thursday
- US House passes No Ban Act to prevent future travel bans