HONOLULU (KHON2) — Christmas is getting closer and closer, and the city has been getting ready for its annual city lights.
Last week, the city found its centerpiece for the Kapolei Hale city lights celebration.
On Nov. 18, city crews harvested a 55-foot tree from Hawaii Kai for the Honolulu Hale city lights celebration.
It’ll be unveiled during the Honolulu City Lights parade on Saturday, Dec. 7, starting at 6 p.m.
This year marks the 35th anniversary of the event which has been a tradition for residents and visitors since 1985.
- Woman staying with Cain, Hanel Sunday says tragedy at Diamond Head was preventable
- Trade winds to return to the islands this weekend
- What to expect for Hawaii’s first all mail-in election
- 100th Segment – Learning the various times of the day
- Power restored, roads reopened in Diamond Head neighborhood