WAIKELE, Hawaii (KHON2) — A 2-year-old boy is dead after a vehicle hit him in Waikele.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
It happened around 9:45 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 12 on Olua Place.
Police say that a 32-year-old Waikele male was leaving the driveway when a 2-year-old boy ran out of the house and into the path of the vehicle.
The boy was taken to a hospital in critical condition where he later died.
Police say speed, drugs, and alcohol do not appear to be contributing factors.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America: Battle over SCOTUS vacancy heats up
- Utility worker killed in crash in Mississippi after helping restore power to victims of Hurricane Sally
- Dismay over Breonna Taylor spills into America’s streets
- Ohio family discovers family WWII heirloom tucked away in a box
- Visitor finds 9-carat diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas