WAIPAHU, Hawaii (KHON2) — A teenager is in police custody in connection to a stabbing case that happened in the Waipahu area on July 10.
According to the Honolulu Police Department, the 13-year-old boy used a knife to stab a 39-year-old man in the back, causing injuries. Police reveal that this happened during an argument between the two around 1 a.m.
The boy was then arrested for second-degree attempted murder at 7:10 p.m. that same Friday.
Police officials added that the case was declined by prosecutors.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breezy trades on tap for the islands this weekend
- Employee from Managing Director’s Office in isolation after testing positive for coronavirus
- Queen’s Medical Center building infectious disease unit
- Supreme Court holds hearing to discuss releasing OCCC inmates as COVID-19 cluster continues to grow
- Whistleblower says DOH lying about number of contact tracers