With family around for the holidays, it’s nice to have everyone sit down for a tasty breakfast.
In today’s “The Art of Cooking” with Chef Amy Pottinger, we’re showing you how to make a caramel sauce for a delicious Caramel French Toast Bake.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1/2 cup salted butter
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. While your French toast is baking, go ahead and prepare your caramel sauce.
2. In a large, non stick pan melt 1/2 cup of butter.
3. Once the butter is melted, whisk in 1 cup of brown sugar.
4. Slowly add the 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream, whisking along the way, until everything is one blended color.
5. After your oven timer goes off, carefully pour the caramel sauce on top of the French Toast bake as evenly (and carefully) as possible.
6. Turn the oven temperature down to 300 and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
7. Allow your dish to cool before eating.
8. Garnish with powdered sugar if desired.
9. Once it’s cooled, enjoy!
For instructions on how to make the Caramel French Toast Bake visit Amy’s blog HERE.