March is National Nutrition Month and Down to Earth has a healthy and delicious spin on guacamole: Moringa Guacamole.
Moringa is the hottest superfood right now that’s packed with healthy nutrients.
Moringa has more iron than spinach, more vitamin C than oranges, and more potassium than bananas!
Moringa is easy to incorporate in your diet – you can take a capsule or add the powder to simple recipes, like moringa guacamole.
First, you want to pick out the perfect avocado.
Find one that it soft to the touch, pop off the bulb on top and check what color is underneath.
If it’s green – good to go. If it seems to have a couple brown specs, the avo is most likely overripe (or soon to be).
Once you have your avos, slice them in half and remove the pit.
This guacamole is packed with healthy ingredients like avocado, moringa, and hemp oil to make this the ultimate “delicious-and-nutritious” snack!
3 medium avocados
1 Tablespoon moringa powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon paprika
½ – 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
1 tomato chopped
¼ cup cilantro, minced
1 jalapeno minced
2-3 garlic cloves minced
Juice of 1 lime
1 Tablespoon hemp oil, plus more for serving
1. Cut open avocados and remove pits. Set aside one pit to use later.
2. In a medium bowl, mash avocado. Add spices and mix well.
3. Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix until evenly distributed.
4. To store – transfer guacamole to an airtight container, along with avocado pit. Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
5. Serve chilled with celery and carrot sticks, enjoy!
Yield: 4-6 Servings