Y. Hata and ChefZone Corporate Executive Sous Chef Ernesto Limcaco cooked up two French inspired dishes for our latest edition of Living808 Hawaii’s Kitchen at ChefZone.
Chef prepared a delicious Smoked Ham and Asparagus Gratinee using asparagus from Aloun Farms along with ChefZone exclusives Cobblesteet MKT® American cheese and Prairie Creek® smoked ham. Chef Ernesto also demystified souffle by cooking up a Chocolate Souffle featuring ChefZone exclusive brand Katy’s Kitchen® Chocolate Syrup.
Recipe: Prairie Creek® Smoked Ham and Asparagus Gratinee
- 3 each Aloun Farms asparagus spears, peeled
- 2 slices of Prairie Creek® smoked ham
- 2 oz milk, whole
- 1 oz cornstarch mixed with 1 oz of tap water
- 1 oz onions, diced
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Cobblestreet MKT® American cheese
- Salt and white pepper, to taste
Recipe: Katy’s Kitchen® Chocolate Souffle
- 2 each souffle ramekins
- 2 oz butter, melted
- 3 oz sugar, granulated
- 5 whole eggs, separated yolks and whites
- 2 oz cornstarch
- 1 oz whole milk
- 2 oz Katy’s Kitchen® Chocolate Syrup
- 1 oz chocolate chips
You can find more Hawaii’s Kitchen segments and cooking ideas online.