Hawaii Food & Wine Festival Celebrates 5th Year at Halekulani.
In today’s Hawaii’s Kitchen, we’re chatting with Halekulani’s Executive Chef, Vikram Garg, about the event. He’ll also teach us how to cook moi with peach and burnt butter. YUM!Moi with Peach and Burnt Butter Serves 4 for Peach and burnt butter
2 oz. Butter unsalted
1 tsp. Lemon Juice
to taste Salt
½ tsp Fresh ground black pepper
½ tbsp Chives chopped
2 oz. Peach dicedmethod.
- Heat butter in a sauce pan until it turns nut brown
- Remove from head whisk in lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Keep warm just before service add diced peach and chopped chives
4 ea . Moi Fillet
2 tsp. Olive oil
To taste Kona sea saltmethod.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan and season the Moi fillet with salt and sear.
4 sprig Watercress
½ tbsp Lava salt
2 oz. Pine nuts Toastedmethod.
- Place seared Moi in the center of plate
- Dress with mixture of warm peach and burnt butter
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and Lava Salt
- Garnish with Watercress and serve warm.