Father’s Day is this Sunday.
If you’re still looking for the perfect gift for dad, head on down to Ward Village Shops. With over 135 eateries, retailers, and entertainment venues, Ward Village has something for every dad in your life. Katie Kaanapu joins us in studio with some gift ideas your dad is sure to love.
- Men’s Rio Shirts from Noa Noa at Ward Centre. This collection from Noa Noa features patterns and colors in traditional Hawaiian and Pacific Island tapa print designs. These shirts are $74 each.
- From Novel T World at Ward Warehouse, this “Embrace Greatness” T-Shirt by Lost Kingdom Klothing. Novel-T World t-shirts start at $22.95 in various sizes.
- Leather gift items and manscaping products are all the rage right now and are available at MORI by Art + Flea at Ward Warehouse. They are all created by local designers.
- Hawai’i-inspired neck ties by local company Pineapple Palaka. At $60 each, these neck ties come in a variety of great designs and are available at Red Pineapple at Ward Centre.
- For the beer-loving dad, a Beer Pairing Dinner at REAL a gastropub featuring selections by Jason Hayes of Underground Wine Merchants. This dinner is $50 per person and features four courses, each with a unique beer pairing. REAL is also offering a deal right now where if you purchase a $100 gift card you will receive an additional $20.
- Just in time for grilling season this summer, Ward Village shops have a selection of locally raised, grass-fed beef steaks, available from the Kaka’ako Farmers’ Market which takes place every Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon at Ward Warehouse.
- The adventure seeking father will love GoPro’s new HERO+LCD camera available for $299 at T&C Surf at Ward Warehouse or Ward Centre. Released just a few weeks ago, this GoPro allows you to capture incredible moments and relive them on the spot. The HERO+ LCD delivers HD video and photos, and features the convenience of a touch display. Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth® connects the camera to an app to allow for shot preview, total camera control and easy content sharing on social and more from your phone or tablet. Rugged and waterproof to 131’ (40m), with the ability to power up and record at the press of a button, HERO+ LCD is the convenient life capture solution for all of your adventures.
- For a fun Father’s Day activity, look no further than Na Mea Hawai’i/Native Books at Ward Warehouse. They offer a fun Net Making class with John Yu, who has been making fishing nets for more than 60 years. Learn the foundation from Uncle John on how to make yourself a throw net, crab net, or even a decoration net. The first class begins on June 20 with class details and schedule available at www.nameahawaii.com. Classes are free, however, materials are needed and can be bought from Nā Mea Hawaiʻi/Native Books.
- In addition to these gifts, Ward Village also offers fun activities, from fishing charters and ocean activities at Kewalo Harbor to game nights at Dave & Buster’s to movies at Consolidated Theatres.
- For more gift ideas and information, visit www.wardvillageshops.com or check them out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @WVShops.