Honolulu (KHON2) – As stores get back to business, celebrity stylist Crystal Pancipanci has her top tips for the new shopping etiquette.
Crystal’s in-store shopping etiquette:
1. Do your research
* Know store hours (some have changed and some require appointments)
* Know their COVID rules and recommendations
2. is it safe to try on clothes?
* Many stores have closed dressing rooms but some stores still allow customers to try things on
* Is it safe? experts say to proceed at your own risk.
* If dressing rooms are closed, here are some tips to buying without trying on your clothes:
– Buy brands that you are familiar with
– Know the store’s return policy
– Ask an in-store style expert on sizing questions/recommendations
3. What should you bring when shopping?
* Hand sanitizer
* Reusable shopping bag
* Sanitizing wipes – wipe door handles, dressing room door knobs, drawer pulls, screens, before touching anything
4. Do you need to sanitize your new clothes?
* CDC says you don’t need to sanitize clothing to be safe
* If you’re worried, leave clothes out for three days, then wash them like you normally would to remove access and sizing chemicals
5. What if you’re not ready to shop in store again? Other options include:
* Online shopping
* Curbside pick-up
Watch and learn Crystal’s best tips and tricks. Crystal is a regular contributor on Living808 who’s ready to help with any fashion, beauty or lifestyle advice.
If you have a question, email DearPanci@khon2.com
“Dear Panci” is a bi-weekly recurring feature on Living808 in which viewers questions submit letters to Living 808 asking for advice from resident style guru Crystal Pancipanci. Letters which are selected for our show get on-air answers and become a launching pad for discussions about fashion and style that everyone can use.
Crystal Pancipanci is one of Hawaii’s most influential forces in fashion today. As a celebrity stylist, make-up artist and television personality, Crystal has been sought out for Fashion and Beauty expertise on the Today Show and Hawaii’s leading morning shows. Crystal is also a principal contributing fashion stylist for Ala Moana Magazine and Modern Luxury Magazine.
With her passion for fashion and contagious enthusiasm, Hawai’i-born Crystal Pancipanci is a genuine, multi-talented, modern-day woman and mom. Through her beauty and fashion advice, she strives to inspire and empower others to look and feel their best, always celebrating the beauty and story of being a woman.