Protein is an important part of one’s diet. It reduces muscle loss, builds lean muscle, helps you maintain a healthy weight, and curbs hunger. These are just a few of the benefits.
In this ‘Healthy and Delicious with Down to Earth’ segment, Mama T from Down to Earth will be making a yummy Roasted Vegetables with Black Bean Pasta dish.
Recipe:Roasted Vegetables with Black Bean Pasta
This protein packed dish is perfect to serve at your next dinner party. It is deliciously paired with a light salad and some garlic bread.
1 (7 ounce) package black bean noodles- cook according to package Sauce Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons Safflower oil ¼ cup white miso paste ½ cup water 1 teaspoon red pepper chili flakes 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast 2 cups chopped cauliflower 2 cups chopped broccoli 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes 1 cup minced red onion 4 links Field Roast Italian sausage, sliced ½ inch thick ½ cup toasted pine nuts ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes in olive oil ½ cup fresh basil Juice of ½ lemon
- Cook black bean noodles according to package directions and place in a large bowl.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400º and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, and sausage. Pour dressing onto the vegetables and toss to coat. Layer evenly onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly browned and soft.
- In a large bowl toss together roasted veggies with pasta. Mix in pine nuts, sundried tomatoes, fresh basil, and lemon. Serve and Enjoy!
Yield: 4-6 servings