HONOLULU (KHON2) — For this Laulima family, 2020 has not only brought the effects of the coronavirus pandemic but a battle against cancer.
The family includes a 65-year old man, his 57-year old wife and their adult daughter.
The mother was working three part-time jobs until November of 2019, when she decided to work a single full-time job.
But by December of that same year, she found herself having a hard time walking and was extremely bloated and uncomfortable. She went to the doctor and after a series of tests, was told she has stage three ovarian cancer.
In January, she had a hysterectomy and she’s still going through chemotherapy. The family is asking for prayers for her healing. And while her husband is still working, they’ve lost half of their income amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The family could use financial help or gift cards for gas, groceries and the drug store.
In the spirit of Laulima, our many hands working together, we can help provide some comfort for this couple during the holidays and beyond. If you’d like to help, please donate here.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Breezy trade winds to start easing off Tuesday
- Navy investigating chemical smell in drinking water at military housing; no current indication water is unsafe
- Officials spot possible 8-10 foot shark at Kekaha Beach; public advised not to swim
- Upcoming roadwork to watch out for on Oahu, Maui, Big Island during the week of Nov. 28
- How the first day of Hanukkah is celebrated in Hawaii