Fiji’s Ministry of Health and Medical Services has confirmed at least 19 cases of measles. The latest case is a 9-month old, who is reported to be in stable condition.
The government issued a statement on its Facebook page.
Response teams have been investigating the outbreak. Quarantines and vaccinations in at-risk communities have been implemented, and non-essential travel is discouraged.
Fiji is about 800 miles away from Samoa, which is also experiencing a measles outbreak.
- WATCH: Cat makes death-defying jump from 5th floor of burning building – and survives
- POW! WOW! opens first exhibit at Bishop Museum
- Many Hawaii residents want to follow new CDC guidelines on masks, others not so much
- Hawaii property owners must meet deadline for final monthly payment option to avoid penalties
- Mysterious deed claims new ownership of Jeffrey Epstein’s New Mexico ranch