HONOLULU (KHON2) – A perfect way to start off the New Year on Oahu is by revisiting your favorite hikes.
Oahu has numerous hikes sprinkled throughout the island. Most hikes on Oahu are free, making it the perfect cheap activity to do with your family or group of friends.
There is a hike for every skill level with most ranging from easy to moderate. AllTrails came out with their top trails and hikes on Oahu perfect to check out for the new year.
Top Trails on Oahu:
- Koko Crater Tramway to Kokohead Lookout – Hard
- Diamond Head Summit Trail – Easy
- Manoa Falls Trail – Moderate
- Kuliouou Ridge Trail – Moderate
- Makapu’u Point Lighthouse Trail – Easy
- Aiea Loop Trail – Moderate
- Olomana Trail – Hard
- Kaiwa Ridge Trail (Lanikai Pillbox) – Hard
- Wiliwilinui Ridge Trail – Moderate
- Waimano Falls Trail – Hard
Some of the hikes listed require reservations in advance along with paying for parking.
When hiking on Oahu you want to make sure you are prepared. Having proper hiking shoes, adequate water, bug spray, sunscreen and a cellphone is important.
What’s going on around the globe. Find out in International News
For more information about these hikes and other popular hikes on Oahu head to AllTrails’s website.