HILO, Hawaii (KHON2) — As of Wednesday morning, September 9, the number of new active cases, on Hawaii Island, reported and monitored by the Department of Health is 6.
At this date, for Hawaii Island, 8 people are hospitalized. The Hilo Medical Center reports a total of 10 deaths, all from the Yukio Okutsu Veterans Home.
Avalon Healthcare confirms one person died from coronavirus from the Yukio Okutsu State Veterans Home.
[Hawaii news on the go–LISTEN to KHON 2GO weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m.]
One resident and two employees tested positive for COVID-19.
To date, a total of 59 residents and 20 employees have tested positive for COVID-19. There are nine resident deaths related to COVID-19.
Of those, three residents are hospitalized at the Hilo Medical Center. There are 33 residents being taken care of in the coronavirus designated area.
Avalon Healthcare manages the veterans home.
- Heavy rain potential still high for Kauai and Oahu
- Lanai records first COVID-19 cases as counties look to improve pre-travel testing program
- Officials warn Hawaii Restaurant Card solicitation could lead to revocation
- Annual Career Expo going virtual this year
- Hardworking Hawaii: Kilani Bakery in business 61 years turns to social media to bring in customers