HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Public Utilities Commission has approved Young Brother’s emergency request to increase rates by 46% with conditions.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
The shipping company must resume the full pre-COVID-19 sailing schedule by Sept.1 which will restore an additional sailing from the ports of Hilo and Kahului to Honolulu.
Young Brothers also must provide six-months advance notice to the PUC and the state if it decides to discontinue regulated inter island service in the future.
They must undergo a financial and management audit.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Atherton YMCA will relocate onto UH Manoa campus
- CrimeStoppers: Kahala attempted burglary, Kapolei credit card fraud, Haleiwa attempted burglary
- Honolulu police vehicle crashes into HECO pole in the Keeaumoku area
- HECO responding to power outage on Oahu’s North Shore
- Oahu grand jury indicts man in connection to 1982 murder