HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Public Utilities Commission has approved Young Brother’s emergency request to increase rates by 46% with conditions.
[Hawaii’s Weather Station – Latest in Hawaii weather]
The shipping company must resume the full pre-COVID-19 sailing schedule by Sept.1 which will restore an additional sailing from the ports of Hilo and Kahului to Honolulu.
Young Brothers also must provide six-months advance notice to the PUC and the state if it decides to discontinue regulated inter island service in the future.
They must undergo a financial and management audit.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Senate Democrats boycott Amy Coney Barrett Supreme Court Justice confirmation
- Newsfeed Now: Presidential debate preparations; FBI announces possible election interference
- Heavy rain possible for Kauai and Oahu through Friday
- Mayor Caldwell looks to boost COVID enforcement, which state auditor finds insufficient
- Hotels seek more communication with counties as they work to increase information flow to visitors