HONOLULU (KHON2) — If your may electric bill was much higher than usual, here’s why.
HECO says it had announced in March, it would temporarily scale back meter readings in response to the pandemic.
So bills were estimated.
Meter reading resumed last month, and now customers are getting a true-up bill which accounts for any over- or under-estimation from the prior estimate.
Stay-at-home orders also resulted in more electricity use.
- Social Scene: Frank Delima Says “Stay Safe”
- US carries out the 1st federal execution in nearly 2 decades
- Here’s how to file for a tax extension
- Newsfeed Now: Federal execution; 2-year-old escapes locked house
- Family shocked after 2-year-old escapes locked house, walks down street before dawn