HONOLULU (KHON2) — The Hawaii State Teachers Association held a virtual news conference on Tuesday to urge the state to delay the return of public school students to campus.
Given the numerous unanswered questions and teachers scheduled to report to campuses on July 29, the HSTA has no confidence that school buildings and classrooms are ready for students to open in a manner that minimizes the risk of COVID-19 spreading.
Latest on KHON2
- Heavy traffic near H-1/H-2 merge after semi-truck loses load
- Rainbow Wahine Softball opens regular season with three game series against nationally ranked Washington
- Newsfeed Now: Voting rights takes center stage on Capitol Hill; Musician helps NASA put a microphone on Mars
- Social Scene: Who’s more loyal?
- LIVE: National security officials testify on Jan. 6 Capitol attack