HONOLULU (KHON) — On June 5, dine-in services resumed for restaurants across Oahu. Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell, Department of Planning and Permitting Acting Director Kathy Sokugawa, and Department of Transportation Services Deputy Director Jon Nouchi spoke and took questions from the media.
Shortly after the news conference, the Department of Health reported 9 new cases of COVID-19 for the state, 7 of which were from Honolulu County.
- Paia residents by Skill Village urged to prepare for possible evacuation
- Numerous windward showers for the islands through Friday morning
- Delay in tourism reopening could spell economic disaster for Hawaii
- Meaning behind “Kailua” on Oʻahu
- Discussion continues between mayors, governor on whether to postpone lifting Hawaii’s travel quarantine