HONOLULU (KHON) — Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell and officials from the City & County as well as the state held a news conference on Friday to announce the COVID-19 testing and treatment facility for unsheltered residents at Ka‘aahi Street. Dr. Scott Miscovich of Premier Medical Group Hawai‘i, State Behavioral Health Administration Deputy Director Edward Mersereau, and President and CEO of Hawai’i Community Foundation Micah Kane also participated in the news conference, which can be watched in the video above.
The facility will open Wednesday, April 1.
- Shinnyo Lantern Floating Hawai‘i releases details about this year’s interactive, virtual event
- Bikeshare Hawaii to remove Biki stations, reduce services to cut costs
- Get paid to eat hot dogs, watch baseball, travel the nation
- Hawaii to allow advanced practice registered nurses to perform abortions
- Backlash to Georgia voting law continues as lawmakers remain split