HONOLULU (KHON) — Dr. Darragh O’Carroll of the Kuakini Medical Center spoke at Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s news conference today to discuss the science and importance of wearing masks.
“Mask-wearing should be a point of pride,” Dr. O’Caroll said. “It shows your kokua to everyone else, and that you want to do everything you can to protect your family and these islands.”
Dr. O’Carroll also explained do-it-yourself tips to make a functional mask at home, and took time to address common questions and misconceptions about wearing masks.
His talk can be seen in the video above. The rest of the news conference can be seen here.
- Lanai’s voter service center to relocate in light of islandwide outbreak
- Hawaii scientists explain strange lights in the sky
- A wet week ahead due to a new storm system
- Hawaii Island sees spike in cases, Lanai prepares for stay-at-home order
- Body found in parked car, Big Island police launch homicide investigation