KAPA’A, Hawaii (KHON2) — A Washington woman has been arrested on Kauai for violating the state’s mandatory 14-day travel quarantine.
Kauai police arrested 51-year-old Shannon Patrick on Aug 12.
They say Patrick arrived in Hawaii from the mainland on Aug. 12 for a visit of just a few days.
After leaving the Lihue airport, they say Patrick illegally rented a vehicle and drove to her quarantine location in Kapa’a.
Police arrested Patrick after receiving reports that she had left her quarantine location.
She was taken back to complete her quarantine after posting $2,000 bail.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- Heavy rain potential still high for Kauai and Oahu
- Lanai records first COVID-19 cases as counties look to improve pre-travel testing program
- Officials warn Hawaii Restaurant Card solicitation could lead to revocation
- Annual Career Expo going virtual this year
- Hardworking Hawaii: Kilani Bakery in business 61 years turns to social media to bring in customers