WAIANAE, Hawaii (KHON2) — An employee at the Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center has tested positive for COVID-19, according to the center on Thursday, July 30.
The employee is isolating at home.
Staff members who were traced to have direct contact with the employee were been notified and are being tested. The center also contacted patients that were potentially exposed.
In addition to our daily sanitizing protocols, daily screening, temperature checks and mandatory wearing of face masks for all patients and staff, we implemented deep cleaning this morning in the area(s) where the employee worked,” said the center’s Chief Medical Officer Dr. Stephen Bradley.
This is the center’s first positive employee case. There are 650 employees and 38,000 patients with the Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center.
Latest Stories on KHON2
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Live: What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Tampa mayor wants to fill Super Bowl seats with vaccinated health care workers
- Waianae’s Max Holloway makes weight ahead of Fight Island bout against Calvin Kattar